Saturday 7 June 2014

So I really can't think of titles, and welcome

Hi there, so I started a blog.

Mostly it's a tool, to get me motivated, maybe get some feedback, and actually try to keep a consistent schedule with the project.

So here's the deal:

I'm a 23 (24 soon) year old guy who finished university at Teesside University in 2013 where I studied game design and spent a bit of time teaching myself so (fairly basic) programming, I love games, they really capture my passion, I'd say I'm fairly good at a few areas, I'd even go as far as to rate myself as talented in the programming/design side, but I'd also say I'm at least competent with modelling, texturing and concept artwork (though some of the wonderful people I know put me to shame).

Shortly after I finished uni, I started work in admin with a fairly large amount of photoshop/design stuff included after my boss realised I have a bit of a knack for it, I love working for the company I work for, I think my colleagues are great (but for banter reasons they can never know this) and while the job has it's ups and downs, it's an actual joy working there and the pay isn't bad either.

But a small problem lies in this, or a large one, since university my game output has been close to 0 and I have yet to see a project through. I love games, I really do, and it's where I want to work, so I plan to get the ball rolling again.

The idea is this, I'm going to build a game, whenever I get a free minute to myself (which in itself is fairly rare) I'm going to be putting in the effort to knock some stuff out, it's going to be slow, anger inducing at times and depressing at others but it's going to get done.

The concept itself is starting fairly low end:

A small top down shooter (competitive) in Neo-Tokyo

It's not ground-breaking, I'll be honest, but it seems a good starting point and a great way to get into development and I think could be a fun little idea.

Over the coming weeks I'll be sharing info here, whether it's models, videos of (extremely rough) gameplay or just design ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment